HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a hunter model 44360 thermostat and once I set my

Customer Question

I have a hunter model 44360 thermostat and once I set my desire temp it doesn't want to adjust. I hear the furnace turn on, but after a minute it shuts off and it does this 3 times in a row until it doesn't come on again. I had the same issue yesterday, but once I played around with it, it finally worked. Is there something wrong with my thermostat or furnace?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

That sounds like there is a furnace issue not a thermostat issue, more than likely an ignition issue. The flame sensor rod may be dirty in the furnace. You can check to see if there is an error code showing on the board in the furnace, but I would say furnace issue for sure.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks