HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Trane furnace red led blinks 3 times.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you checked the port where the tube connects, use a small paperclip or wire to make sure the port is clear often they get clogged up and that is what is causing that code.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.

If you do not feel a light suction off the nipple itself when the inducer fan is running I would say something is blocked in the exhaust tube or check the condensate drain line for a blockage.

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.

Pull the fan out and check it out, but put the condensate hose back on when trying it as it needs to be in place for proper vacuum.

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.I initially removed the fan to check its operation, it works properly. The outlet blows with great force, and the inlet does create quite a vacuum when you place you palm over it. I will go down right now and reattach the condensate hose and give it a go. I will report back in a few minutes.

ok sounds good

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.I initially removed the fan to check its operation, it works properly. The outlet blows with great force, and the inlet does create quite a vacuum when you place you palm over it. I will go down right now and reattach the condensate hose and give it a go. I will report back in a few minutes.No luck, even with the condensate line reattached, it still does not create a vacuum at the nipple for the pressure switches.

You could have a restriction on the exchanger? This would cause no suction on the port. Is the condensate line off the exchanger all clear?

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.I initially removed the fan to check its operation, it works properly. The outlet blows with great force, and the inlet does create quite a vacuum when you place you palm over it. I will go down right now and reattach the condensate hose and give it a go. I will report back in a few minutes.No luck, even with the condensate line reattached, it still does not create a vacuum at the nipple for the pressure switches.I will check that now.

ok

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.I initially removed the fan to check its operation, it works properly. The outlet blows with great force, and the inlet does create quite a vacuum when you place you palm over it. I will go down right now and reattach the condensate hose and give it a go. I will report back in a few minutes.No luck, even with the condensate line reattached, it still does not create a vacuum at the nipple for the pressure switches.I will check that now.I checked the condensate line off of the exchanger and it looks clean and clear.

Other than the inducer not running to speed there would have to be a blockage in the unit. Now the suction is very very light so are you certain there is no suction? Make sure the rubber tube is not cracked either.

Yes, I used a piece of coat hanger to make sure the vacuum port was clear.I ran a piece of hose from the outside all the way through to the furnace where the inducer fan connects. It came all the way through with no blockage. I have the condensate hose, from the bottom of the inducer fan housing, unattached currently, to ease with the fan removal.I initially removed the fan to check its operation, it works properly. The outlet blows with great force, and the inlet does create quite a vacuum when you place you palm over it. I will go down right now and reattach the condensate hose and give it a go. I will report back in a few minutes.No luck, even with the condensate line reattached, it still does not create a vacuum at the nipple for the pressure switches.I will check that now.I checked the condensate line off of the exchanger and it looks clean and clear.I checked all of the rubber hoses to and from the pressure switches, all look intact and clean.I feel no vacuum at the nipple, but that is with my fingertips, I didn't put a vacuum gauge on it. What chamber is it that is trying to be sucked into a vacuum? What is sealing this particular chamber as to not let vacuum escape through a hole or something?

The exhaust blower is drafting air through the exchanger and burners so if the heat exchanger is blocked that will cause no vacuum on that port like a clogged vacuum filter. If you are certain everything is clear you may have to have the exchanger scoped out by an HVAC company to see if it is blocked up.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH