airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am looking remote to replace the original one insert by

Customer Question

I am looking for a remote to replace the original one for an insert by GTI made in 1994. Is it possible to fine one?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is the model on the fireplace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVT-Insert, SN #DVTinnoo4513, the "i" could be a 1 and "oo" could be zeros. There is one other number of DVK-TVC-33. Neither show "model" before them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
installed 1994, if that helps.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few moments to do some research.If I can not help, I will open to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Like you, I have not been able to do any good online. I have placed a call in to my HeatN Glo rep over in Gulfport and provided the model and serial numbers to him.He is also going to research to see what he can find.I will open this to other experts who may have info readily available, but will follow up as soon as I have more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using the service.I will be watching the post and follow up when I hear back from rep .

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I did find this while waiting and still looking. Let me know if it looks like your remote.

http://www.hvacpartsshop.com/rcstat--remotecontrol.aspx

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no. Ours has a dial to select the temperature, an off button, on button, and a manual remote slide(not a button). It does not have "fancy features". :)
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

No prob.Will keep you informed as to what I find out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I have not heard from anyone, I am assuming you did not find any information for me. Please let me know when the charge of $28.00 ended.
Thank you
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Never found the remote and my rep has not called me back. I can request a refund of your deposit if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I would appreciate that very much and thank you for your time.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

No problem, Thanks for allowing me to look and good luck finding the remote.I am suspecting you may end up having to upgrade to the digital and replace the transmitter on the fireplace.I would try to contact fireplace distributors for assistance in choosing one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for all the research that you did and for the information!
Claudia