Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Fujitsu AST30P not cooling, compressor not starting

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this a complex electronics issue, a printed circuit board gone bad most likely. Tell me a lot about your skill sets in that area so that I can coach you most effectively... this will be quite involved.

If none of this is in your skill set range, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will get you a short list of well rated HVAC shops who work on that type of unit.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a retired electrical engineer and so am happy to dig into the electronics to find out why the compressor is reluctant to start up
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel of the outside unit, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.