Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have a Evolution Control thermostadt that has been

Customer Question

I have a Bryant Evolution Control thermostadt that has been consistently 7 to 15 degrees off. In other words I need to set the temperature at 67 degrees if I want the furnace to go on at 73 degrees. I have had it serviced multiple times but have not been able to get it fixed. Every time I have it serviced they charge me $100 but they can not fix it. Do you have any suggestions for properly calibrating it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am dan I can help you with this. When did you first notice this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 or 5 years ago.

Does this only happen during winter or summer time too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the same for heat or air conditioning.

ok, one thing I find quite often is some people make big holes for the thermostat wire and this can open up the wall to outside temperatures or drafts. first thing I would check is to make sure the hole where the wires come through the wall are sealed or insulated. this problem is often overlooked by technicians and the thermostat is working properly but just sensing the temp in the wall

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thermostat unit is on an interior wall so that should not be the problem. So there a way to calibrate the unit?

Even if it is an interior wall it may be open to the attic or basement space and getting a draft. 99% of the time a thermostat never has to be calibrated. Itis either another factor or the thermostat is bad

did you still need help with this or have any more questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that is all.

Ok if you have any more questions please let me know. If not I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service and thank you for using just answer

if you dont have any more questions i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars

I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars as this request is not closed until you rate my repsonse. Thank you