BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My Keeprite MPVDO75F furnace has been woking flawlessly

Customer Question

My Keeprite MPVDO75F furnace has been woking flawlessly since 2011 when a DC retrofit kit was installed. The continuous speed has now stopped working. The furnace seems to operate fine without the low speed.
The Blower Motor control shows no signs of overheat with the dip switches 1 the 8 in the on position. No AC used.
Are you able to diagnose my situation?
Harvey
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

it is either the control sending power to the motor or the motor itself. Do you have a meter and caan check control signals through the larger molex connector on motor? Is thermostat fan switch in "on" position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have discovered the stat was set to Fan/Auto and not Fan/On. The stat setting was likely a mistake as the readout is quite small and I missed reading the change. I have noted this situation in the stat operating manual and keep real handy now.
Thanks for the help. Harvey
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

Just rate service and I will move off active list. Have a great weekend

Billy