Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Douglas

Customer Question

hi douglas
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi nice to meet you
I'm Freddy , I have a thermal zone Mod. TZPA-3242C757 , thermostat Emerson 1F79-111 and air handler AMANA, could you help me with connection's schematic. Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I have a emergency strap heat .
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello Freddy nice to meet you as well, thanks for selecting Just Answer!.

I am pulling manuals for that equipment now, if they are on line. If not I will need photos of the diagrams,

I need to know if the unit that sits outside on the ground is a 'heat pump' or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Phil it's a heat pump, only have this wires Blue, Yellow, Red, Brown and Purple. Heard that unit powered reverse valve in heat mode but I am not sure.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are going to need at least 6 but ideally 8 wires pulled to the thermostat in order to control the heat pump and the auxiliary electric heat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem Phil I have 8 thread wire between thermostat , handler and outdoor unit.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I am posting these two below for easy reference.

http://www.emersonclimate.com/documents/white-rodgers/instruction_sheets/0037-6499.pdf

http://screencast.com/t/193erjogajJ

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the Amana blower service panel,you can use the paper clip-icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use multimeter, BTW I have one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Phil, Can I send you the Amana Blower schematic and thermostat pict tomorrow cause they aren't close me right now?
Thanks
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, yes, tomorrow is fine... there is no rush at all here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi PhilAttached send you as requested.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Does this look like the printed circuit card that is mounted in the blower compartment of your air handler?

http://screencast.com/t/HMiydSuaqWuX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir , the printed circuit board mounted on my handler is different , will send you a pict. I only have wires colors Blue, Green , white, brown and red coming out it.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I will be here, this is starting to look like it might be too much of a challenge to do on line without instruments however... I will see what I can do when I get the photo of the printed circuit board.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil sorry for delay, here is the photo.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

http://screencast.com/t/zp4bcF8S

check that fuse, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi phil that fuse its ok, i only need diagram how connect thermostat cause i did that but heat pump doesnt work properly.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Wiring these things without real clean diagrams is a problem... there are dozens of alternative designs, it is not like there is a standard approach that works on everything.

I will opt out so that other of our experts here can take a look at what you have.