Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Swapped over from single to double ement rheem 160 litre

Customer Question

Swapped over from single to double ement rheem 160 litre electric hws..red goes to red black to blue but their is a brown connection as well!! What connects into that??? Not heating!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

The line voltage wiring colors by themselves mean nothing, a wiring diagram is required to sort out what goes where.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

We can go from there.