HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Carrier ComfortZone II thermostat with control

Customer Question
I have a Carrier ComfortZone...
I have a Carrier ComfortZone II thermostat with Bryant control panel for two zones. When I set the thermostat in Heat mode it continuously runs even after the set temperature is reached and until I turn it to off mode. Seems like the thermostat is not working as expected. Is there an alternative thermostat I can use, preferably a digital with wifi connectivity and still provide the carrier HVAC benefits.
Thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, This will end up being a lot more than a simple 'just answer' covers, it will get into some engineering issues, depending on the furnace model number and what features are involved such as humidification, dehumidification and variable speed blower type.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace or air handler blower service panel, and a photo of the bryant control panel with door open and the wiring diagram exposed, you can use the paper clipicon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip_ icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

I will take a look at it and then most likely submit an additional services offer to do the electrical engineering if I think the project is viable. or make some other recommendation.

We can go from there.

Attaching the pictures. There is no wiring diagram on on in the unit though

Thanks.

This is going to be way too involved for me to help you with online. I will opt out and we can see of any of our other experts want tackle this.

That person we will need the furnace model number, and the wiring diagram glued *inside the blower access door. Its a long shot.... it could take hours or days.

I can submit a $145 additional service, and engineer something that will work, it might involve using few relays.

OR... if you do not want to get that personally involved I can write up a specification that a well qualified local HVAC contractor will be able to follow, and then see if I can locate a well rated one in your area. His charges will be in the $450 to $700 range most likely.

Let me know what you think, we can go from there.

Phil,
Thanks for the prompt response. I will find a local Carrier support technician to support this going forward. Appreciate the assistance.Regards,
Prakash

You are welcome Prakash! Good luck with it.

Thanks for letting me work with you, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help later let me know!. Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer. Feel free to follow up for30 days at no additional cost. Rating does not increase your charges, but is how I earn a living.

Yesterday I had a Carrier Technician to troubleshoot the issue and he diagnosed it to the thermostat and replaced with a temporary thermostat which is working as expected.

Thats good, let me know if anything else comes up.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer