HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My a/c unit, well it's a heating & a/c unit has been kicking

Customer Question
My a/c unit, well...
My a/c unit, well it's a heating & a/c unit has been kicking in and off intermedietly. Two weekends ago I cut the air off due to the heat kicking on during the night due to a temperature drop. The following morning while getting ready, the fan once again began blowing. I checked the thermostat and it stated that it was indeed off. I cut this off at the breaker to investigate later. I turned this on again this weekend and it was the same story. Before I could get back inside the house to turn on the thermostat from flipping the breaker back on, the fan began running. What could be causing this issue? While looking at the model number of the unit, I did notice the exhaust fan involving the heat was kicking in and off also. I have not ran the heat on this unit in several years and have had the gas turned off to this for a good while now. Not that this has anything to do with my current issue. Where should I start in an effort to solve this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
11/9/2015
HVAC Technician: msbabyd, Handyman replied 2 years ago
msbabyd
msbabyd, Handyman

It sounds like the thermostat sensor is broken.Always start with simplest solution. I would get a new one replace it and see if the problem persist. Save the receipt just incase. But, it seems all the items you are having issues with, are controlled but that one common item.

Good luck,

And please keep me updated.

Carolyn

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer