HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Im getting 3 flashes on LEd indicating "Pressure /

Customer Question

Hi
Im getting 3 flashes on LEd indicating
"Pressure / Centrifugal Swith closed with inducer off.
My inducer fan is working and blower fan turns on, but the pilot and heat are not coming on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you get at the pressure switch on the unit with the rubber tube attached to it?

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I apologize but the last question does not pertain to your system There is no "pressure switch with a rubber tube".

You have a centrifugal switch on the rear of the draft motor. This switch has come apart and stayed closed.

I can direct you accurately if you want to proceed.

Also here is a manual for your unit to assist

YORK DJ036 Manual

Just respond to Billy when ready.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

The pressure switch and centrifugal switch are one in the same on your unit and it is mounted to the end of the exhaust blower itself. If the contacts get sticky on the switch it never returns to the home position, you may just have a bad switch or sticky contacts in the switch. JUst let me know!

HVAC GURU

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

There is no "pressure switch with a rubber tube". It is not the same thing. Pressure switch closes with air through a tube...centrifugal spins on back of motor

YORK DJ036 Manual

Just respond to Billy when ready.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I see Billy has posted the same thing as I did again

The pressure switch and centrifugal switch are one in the same on your unit and it is mounted to the end of the exhaust blower itself. If the contacts get sticky on the switch it never returns to the home position, you may just have a bad switch or sticky contacts in the switch. Just let me know!

HVAC GURU

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Do not waste your time looking for a tube to a switch. The previous instruction mistakenly says the pressure switch and centrifugal are the same. I have sent assistance to explain the difference.

A pressure switch reacts to air and a centrifugal to spinning force....and contrary to previous there is no TUBE..it is mounted on the end of the motor.

My company actually works on these s I have first hand knowledge...thus knowing the "tube to switch" was wrong.

Here is a manual for the unit York DJ036

Remember when looking that the switches are totally different and not the same.

Of course the first apprentice suggestion in first reply would have been centrifugal on rear of motor and NOT a switch with a tube.

The first info was "Can you get at the pressure switch on the unit with the rubber tube attached to it?"

Answer = There is not one.

Billy

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Just let me know if you still need help.