Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have Triangle Tube Prestige combination boiler hot water

Customer Question

We have Triangle Tube Prestige combination boiler hot water heater that is trickling water out of the bottom thru one of two copper pipes, about two gallons every 30 minutes. We cannot get a technician here until Monday and today is Thursday. We are emptying buckets regularly. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you get to the leak?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not an actual leak. Water is draining out of one of two open-ended copper pipes that come out of the bottom of the Triangle Tube unit mounted on the wall. We don't know the function of the pipes. Are you familiar with the Triangle Tube Prestige unit? We had it installed in 2010.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a hard lockout error code of E25 the other night but reset the furnace and we have had heat and hot water since then but today the draining out of this open-ended pipe started and we have to keep emptying buckets because there is no floor drain there. We don't know if the issue is the expansion tank being full, or something with the furnace water fill or air in the system or what.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel my question with you. We need help quickly and are going to look for other options. The situation is getting worse. Please cancel my question and transaction. Thank you.