Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Phil, I have a Honeywell Hz432 controller with 3 zones and a

Customer Question

Hi Phil,
I have a Honeywell Hz432 controller with 3 zones and a Trane XV80. I am getting blasted with air when 1 zone is calling and I understand that my equipment supports a variable speed fan that could rectify this. The Honeywell manual says that the DS/BK terminal should be connected to make this work but how is this connected to the system?
Thanks!
Jeff
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, tell me please about how old this system is, and if it has always been this way or not.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Honeywell HZ432 controller is new. It replaced a 5-year old Carrier Comfort Zone II controller that stopped working. We don't remember having this issue with the Carrier system so not sure how it may have differed in how it handled the blower/dampers. The Trane HZ80 was installed at the same time as the Carrier system.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

These things can get quite complex.. field wiring may or may not be correct.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel,you can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the toolbar at the top of this dialog box,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.