How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lennox G16Q3X-50-5 everything works fine I just need to

Customer Question

lennox G16Q3X-50-5 everything works fine I just need to replace the (superfine glass wool) gasket between the induced draft blower and the air shutter plate. I know the item isn't manufactured anymore so what would be the next best material to make a replacement gasket. Found lots of super fine glass wool but nothing that resembles a thin sheet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

You can buy thin gasket high temp material at Auto Zone that will work. You will need to trace gasket and cut with scissors. Done this several times and it works great. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already thought of that I just wanted to make sure it was the correct or professional solution. I have that very same material, just didn't want the HVAC tech come out and tell me I did it wrong. Thanks
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

No you can do it the way I described. The thin fiberglass is just cheaper for factory to do. Russ

Related HVAC Questions