airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

The pressure switch open light is blinking on furnace the

Customer Question

The pressure switch open light is blinking on furnace the switch was just replaced so what else could cause the problem
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Can you verify the switch is closing? A blocked vent or anything preventing sufficient vacuum on switch will revent it from closing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can check the vent I don't think it is closing at all
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok there is a small combustion motor that has to come on to close the switch. Is this little motor coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it isn't startinf
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok that is why pressure switch isn't closing.

Do you have a volt meter so we can troubleshoot? If so disconnect blower molex plug and check for voltage at plug. If voltage is available and motor does not start replace motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the motor ty
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need help locating the motor,Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.