HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Weil Mclain MCG 3 and am having problems getting

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Weil...
Hi, I have a Weil Mclain MCG 3 and am having problems getting power to my circulator. I already replaced my relay and it still is not getting power. I used a voltmeter to test a couple connections. My live wire from my switch to my relay has continuity.
The wire from relay to circulator has continuity. The white wire from my switch to the circulator has continuity. I had someone think it was the sockets for the relay, but i removed the relay and tested from the sockets and all results were the same.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Sorry thats CGM 3 not MCG
10/26/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, due to feed backs in these electronically controlled AC circuits, diagnosis by volt meter will very not work. you can get ghost reads.

This diagnosis and coaching will most likely take several hours if not longer, I myself cannot afford to take off work to do that for you, at your offer price so that I will opt out and we can hope someone else here will take your question at the amount offered.

.

Meantime if you want to get back to me on terms that I can afford I will also submit an additional services request that can ignore or accept while we wait to see who else might respond.

Thanks but no thanks.
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

Hi i am dan. i can help you with this problem. did you still need help?

please

ok first lets start with what relay you have. what is the model of the relay

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer