HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Have a budget us my 160 and domestic side tank nipples are

Customer Question

Have a budget us my 160 and domestic side tank nipples are rotted through. Have new nips and anode ready to go, however the old nipples are starting to crumble as I attempt to remove them. How do I remove the rear jacket to access the tank connections and is this feasible? Is a new lot 160 or other superstore type tank going to be the end result anyway? Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

If they are rotted and crumbling just stop now as you are wasting your time and money, the end result will be a new one as it will leak. Trust me, been there done that don't do it!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!