HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I'm having trouble getting my American standard freedom 90

Customer Question

I'm having trouble getting my American standard freedom 90 heater to work. I've determined it's not the thermostat. It is an electric pilot light. What next?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Does the inducer motor run when set to a call for heat and can you get at the board to see the flash error code on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have learned that if I hold down a a black button on the front it then the heat, fan and pilot light works. Then the red light flashes. Otherwise the light is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

3 flashes is a pressure switch code on the unit,can you see the pressure switch and tube for the pressure switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This service doesn't work for me. I will just call someone locally
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture of the code and upload it here? I am not finding that code at all as valid

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please rate my service using the star rating system so I can put this on my done list thanks!