HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Honeywell furnace 80 Plus I purchased a wireless

Customer Question
Hi I have a Honeywell...
Hi I have a Honeywell furnace Bryant 80 Plus
I purchased a wireless extension thm4000r1000 and a wireless Thermostat TH6320R1000 to control a 3rd zone of my TrueZone System Hz322.
I mean that two zones are wired and one zone is controlled by the wireless thermostat.
What is the issue ?
When I use the wireless thermostat to call for some heat, the heat starts and then the fan starts full speed. There no way to reduce the speed of the fan.
When I use the wired Thermostat and call for some heat, the fan goes slowly like expected.
Do you know what I need to do to reduce the speed of the fan when the wireless thermostat calls for some heat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/23/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

is it the same with either one of the other zones calling at the same time as the wireless?

HI Billy,When 2 zones are calling at the same time ( 1 wired, 1 wireless ) the speed of the fan is normal. The fan goes full speed only when the wireless is alone to call for heat.

Ok, and just to confirm...we dont think it is because the zone is smaller and when it is the only one open the blower seems faster because of much smaller amount of duct? In other words if blower is running same speed but most of the ductwork is closed...it is not just the force of the blower blowing through limited duct?

No I can confirm the blower runs much faster when then it is wireless. One of the wired section has the same size of duct as the wireless and has a normal speed of fan

Do you have an 80% with variable speed blower? or the model number and I can tell.

Hi Billy,The model is Bryant plus 80v, 315AAV066135
Bryant - Evolution 80% Afue 135,000 Btuh Variable Speed Multipoise Gas Furnace
In fact that the problem is coming from the setting of the HZ322. To make a test, I switched the wireless from zone 3 to zone 2. When doing so, if I call some heat from the wireless thermostat, the fan is now turning slowly.SO whatever is connected to zone 3 ( wired or Wireless ) it triggering a full speed fan. Is there a way to setup some specific fan parameter for zone 3 ?
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer