Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a buderus g125 that is heating the dhw just fine. The

Customer Question

I have a buderus g125 that is heating the dhw just fine. The problem is the system is not producing any heat for the radiators. I have reviewed the logamatic instructions three or four times. The only real change I made was changing the wwsd from summer to winter mode. This did not solve the problem. The system has not produced any error messages at all. It seems like the circulator for the zone is operational but does not tither at the same rate as dwh zone. 2 zones only. The service people can not be here for over two weeks. Any suggestions? I feel the system operates fine but the programming I am unfamiliar with since I just bought the place this past May.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

Hi i am dan i can help you lets first start at the thermostats. What are they set at and what is the temp they are reading in the toom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well set at maximum to try to trigger heat increase. Prior to at 70 degrees. Only one zone

What type of thermostats are they. Also lets make sure they are both set to heat and turned all the way up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are basic turn knob style I believe by Honeywell

Ok with both of them turned up it produces no heat? Also does each zone have a circulator or one circulator for both zones

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is two zones...dhw and radiators FHW two circulators

ok and can you confirm if the circulator for the heat is running. if you feel it you will feel some vibration and hear a slight humming noise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seemed to be circulating water however the pipes and radiators were not heating up. It does not hum as much as the DHW circulator when on. The system produces hot water without any issue.

feal the pipe about 4 feet away from the circulator. it is hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is not hot. It is warm prior to circulator and then temperature of pipe decreases the further away from circulator

do you have a volt meter to check to see if the circulator is getting power

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I do not. However, it vibrates. When I switch system from summer to winter mode, the circulator tithering was noticeable. Prior to it was not.

ok at this point it would be easier if I could see exactly what you have. if you could take a picture f the circulator with about 5 ft of the piping after it ad one of the boiler with the piping and post it on here it would help me a lot to see where to look next

instructions for adding files

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to provide photos at this point ahhh

do you see any valves around the circulator

were you able to resolved the problem or do you still need help?