airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Airheatman, What is the replacement Ritetemp 8029B which

Customer Question

Hello Airheatman, My name is***** is the replacement for the Ritetemp 8029B which uses the same wiring and has the same foot print. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.

Richard give me just a few moments on this.What type od system do you have (Gas, elect heat or heat pump)?

The Ritetemp is not a real good thermostat.Are you wanting something like a Honeywell?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gas. Honeywell would be fine if it uses the same wires as the Ritetemp.

I like the Honeywell line.

If you do not care for touch screen the RTH6350 is an excellent choice for about 50 bucks

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/Products/Thermostats/5-2-Day-Programmable/RTH6350D.htm

If you prefer touchscreen the RTH 8500 is a great choice for about 100 bucks

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/Products/Thermostats/7-Day-Programmable/RTH8500D.htm

The mounting screws should line up with your old holes in wall on either one and both will wire the same

If you need assistance wiring or setting up one you get new thermostat I will be glad to guide you.

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well satisfied, thanks again

If you have not done so, select one of the rating stars and this will show question answered.You can still cme back to question for 30 days if you need guidance.Thanks again