HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Phil... here. Replacing an old Honeywell theromstat but does

Customer Question
Customer: Hi Phil...Harry here....
Customer: Hi Phil...Harry here. Replacing an old Honeywell theromstat but does not look like wires are coded.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure...and many thanks for your help.
I have Honeywell T6575B1003 and replacing it with Honeywell RTH2300
When i removed the old thermostat cover on the wall, the wires going into the old plate are not labeled...I don' see anything on the old plate to help me lable the wires before I remove it
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure...i will pay if we solve the problem...ok?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/18/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 2 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Can you tell me what color wires you have to hook up?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer