HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I've got a Trane XV90 that is having an ignition problem.

Customer Question

The inducer fan starts
ignitor heats up and glows for several seconds,
then I hear what sounds like the gas coming on but it immediately shuts off and the ignitor dims.
The system will do this three times until it give the lockout code. It was doing this last year a few times but it did start working again finally and didn't have any more issues for the rest of the year.
Occasionally the furnace will ignite and come on for a few minutes but then it will start blowing cold air and will need to have the power reset to come on. It is at the point now where it will not ignite at all.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you cleaned out all the orifices and tubes to the burner? You may just have plugged orifices on the unit, which is common and can happen causing that issue. Let me know what happens after cleaning them out.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks