Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

That would be great. Thanks I am trying to wire a new

Customer Question

That would be great. Thanks I am trying to wire a new thermostat. I had a 2-wire thermostat and am replacing it with a Energate Z100 Pioneer. I have a thick red and thick white wire and then thin green, think white, thin red, thin blue, thin yellow and thin brown. I am not sure where to hook all of the up and don't want to damage or blow anything.
Any help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

so you have heat only and old thermostat only had 2 wires used?

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Billy,I have both heating and air conditioning. I truly don't recall the number of wires as someone else un-installed it w/o writing down the color code.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

thank you, ***** ***** have access to the furnace/blower inside to see where the other end of wires terminate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

you have a different wire configuration than commonly used...we will need to see what terminates where in the furnace...can you list that for me?