Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Are you there?
we can get the not to turn to pilot at

Customer Question

Customer: hi are you there?
we can get the not to turn to pilot at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have an old Lennox...the knob has three settings..on off and pilot. it turns to on and off easily but it wont turn to pilot it just stops on ON
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: we are a rush
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have someone here now helping. I thought this was immediate service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid with pay pal and am sitting beside the STUPID furnace LOL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there I would like to cancel this. I thought it was immediate chat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im giving this a few minutes and then I m going to cancel it . thanks just a little mis leading we are in a rush (:
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you still want help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah HI I was just about to cancel ): YES I CANT TURN THE STUPID KNOB to pilot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it turns to on and off so easily
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Try pushing it down a little then turn.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but when I go to turn it to pilot there is NO WAY...not pushing up or pushing down, its like it is not supposed to turn!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt push down not even a little
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Can you give ma a picture of the gas valve?

. You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me grab my Iphone
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but you need to post the pic from a PC or a Mac.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no tool bar at the top of the dialgue box...only for Face book print etc...Im on a mac can I send you a pic from my phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Im on my mac lap top
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You can't post it here from an iPhone. If you upload it to a file/pic sharing service then post the share link here that will work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to go and get the cord for the mac and phone connect
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure how to upload photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the knob has on off and a little triangle with a c in it
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Click on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box (the paper clip will only show up on a Mac not an iPad or iPhone. Then follow the file path to where you saved your pic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im on my mac no paper clip
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then your only option is to upload the pic to a file/pic sharing service then post the share link here. But this is a long shot. You should be able to turn the dial with little or no difficulty. If you can't then the gas valve may have to be replaced. I'm looking for a pic on the chance something else is going on here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt have a pilot light picture only a triangle with a C in it. IS THAT the pilot light setting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not helping. can you just refund me? I notice that your service to 33 dollars not 5 like it said it would. can you please
just refund thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'll let customer service know you want a refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks anywy
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thanks for trying Just Answer