HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Are you there?
we can get the not to turn to pilot at

Customer Question
Customer: hi are you there?...
Customer: hi are you there?
we can get the not to turn to pilot at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have an old Lennox...the knob has three settings..on off and pilot. it turns to on and off easily but it wont turn to pilot it just stops on ON
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: we are a rush
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
I have someone here now helping. I thought this was immediate service?
I paid with pay pal and am sitting beside the STUPID furnace LOL
hi there I would like to cancel this. I thought it was immediate chat
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
im giving this a few minutes and then I m going to cancel it . thanks just a little mis leading we are in a rush (:
10/18/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still want help?

yeah HI I was just about to cancel ): YES I CANT TURN THE STUPID KNOB to pilot
it turns to on and off so easily

Try pushing it down a little then turn.

but when I go to turn it to pilot there is NO WAY...not pushing up or pushing down, its like it is not supposed to turn!
it doesnt push down not even a little

Can you give ma a picture of the gas valve?

. You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

let me grab my Iphone

Ok, but you need to post the pic from a PC or a Mac.

there is no tool bar at the top of the dialgue box...only for Face book print etc...Im on a mac can I send you a pic from my phone?
ok Im on my mac lap top

You can't post it here from an iPhone. If you upload it to a file/pic sharing service then post the share link here that will work.

i have to go and get the cord for the mac and phone connect

Ok

im not sure how to upload photo
the knob has on off and a little triangle with a c in it

Click on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box (the paper clip will only show up on a Mac not an iPad or iPhone. Then follow the file path to where you saved your pic

im on my mac no paper clip

Then your only option is to upload the pic to a file/pic sharing service then post the share link here. But this is a long shot. You should be able to turn the dial with little or no difficulty. If you can't then the gas valve may have to be replaced. I'm looking for a pic on the chance something else is going on here.

it doesnt have a pilot light picture only a triangle with a C in it. IS THAT the pilot light setting?
this is not helping. can you just refund me? I notice that your service to 33 dollars not 5 like it said it would. can you please
just refund thanks

Ok, I'll let customer service know you want a refund

thanks anywy

You're welcome. Thanks for trying Just Answer

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer