HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My furnace comes on and the heaters come in, but when the

Customer Question
blower motor comes in the...
my furnace comes on and the heaters come in, but when the blower motor comes in the furnace heaters shuts off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/18/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

So far it sounds like there might be a crack or hole in the heat exchanger, and when the blower comes on it blows air into the fire box and blows the flames away from the flame sensor.

Watch the burner flames carefully, notice the shape of the flames, how they look, the look for changes when the blower starts... if you see any change, the heat exchanger is bad.

Let me know what you find, we can go from there with no time limit.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer