Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a carrier AC system and the AC is currently not

Customer Question

I have a carrier AC system and the AC is currently not working. The control panel says "thermal lockout in high stage". What does that mean?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

This fault means "Voltage present on run capacitor in hi speed then disappears. Possible causes are internal compressor overload trip or start relay not releasing" Possible causes, dirty condenser fins, bad condenser fan, or defective start relay.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.