HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm trying to wire a YTL9160AR1000 into my Cadet baseboard

Customer Question
heater. How do I do...
I'm trying to wire a YTL9160AR1000 into my Cadet baseboard heater. How do I do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/8/2015
HVAC Technician: AssuredElectrical, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, HVAC Technician

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you get a picture of the one end of the heater that has the incoming power and post?

Easier to review a picture and make notes as to the wiring.

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanaks

Pics won't load. Another email?

They must be too large, can you get the file size smaller, the site only allows a certain size file to be uploaded.

Or you can use a free share site like tinypic.com and then post the private link they provide to access your picture.

Try this
FullSizeRender-13.jpgFullSiz...jpgFullSizeRender-14.jpgFullSiz...jpgFullSizeRender-15.jpgFullSiz...jpgFullSizeRender-16.jpgFullSiz...jpg

Ok,

I see the pictures, hard to tell everything.

It appears to be disconnected from power?

Actually I do not see the power entering the heater from the original thermostat?

Give me some information on what I am looking at in the picture. It doesnt look factory to me.

The first three are the wires where the original manual thermostat was installed. 15 is the best pic. The top wire is going to the opposite end of the heater. Then there is another single wire going directly into the heater on this end. Then there are the two wires that were twisted together and taped. They go into that round, black thing. The last picture is of the opposite end of the heater where the main power comes in. There is a green ground from a bare copper ground, a white with a black and a grey with a black.

Ok,

I am looking at all 3 pictures and they are all on the left end of the heater showing the same thing.

What I need to know, is where your power is on the heater now before anything was taken apart.

The only thing that should take place here is disconnect the 2 power wires from the heater, nothing else.

That is where the new Relay will connect.

Theres a fourth pic, 16. That's of the right side of the heater where the power comes into it from the supply. But, the first three pictures are of where the manual control knob was wired in. The two black wires not twisted together went to the heater control knob.

Ok,,

Your fourth picture is not up on the site, I see only 3.

We have to access the power wire side for the relay to connect to the heater

The other where the control knob was, you would just connect the 2 wires together that were on the control bypassing that power directly to the heater.

The relay you install connects to the power and the new thermostat will control everything through the relay.

which wires go to blue, black and red on the controller? I don't understand the schematic.

Ok,

Did you read the description.

Disconnect the 2 power wires that are connected to the 2 heater leads at the power end of the heater.

That leaves you with 2 loose power leads and 2 loose heater leads.

Take one of the power wires and connect to one of the heater wires along with the BLUE terminal on the relay.

Take your other power wire and connect to the BLACK terminal on the relay

Take the remaining heater wire wire and connect to the RED terminal on the relay.

Dont know of any other way to simplify the wiring.

AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, HVAC Technician