HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Our Beckett 7505P won't start. When I turn on the power the

Customer Question
Our Beckett 7505P won't start...
Our Beckett 7505P won't start. When I turn on the power the reset, flame and prime lights flash and then nothing...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello.

how long are you holding the button down?

Until the prime light comes on (maybe 30 seconds) and then I just kept holding it, nothing happened so I let go and all the lights went out again.

thank you...is this the first time starting for a while? Or was there a loss of fuel?

No loss of fuel. We did trip a breaker last night for a couple of minutes. Not sure when the burner went out though, sometime between last night and now...so around 24 hours.

Ok,

right now....what lights if any are lit on the control?

none at all...
Went off at 3:30 this morning...just checked the thermostat log. It's 7:30 pm now.

ok, do you see where the 2 thermostat wires attach? tr and tw

although there is just a jumper attached. The thermostat connects to the Beckett Aquasmart 7600
Which is also out...

ok, you have a power/control issue and the fault is not on the oil burner. Do you see where the thermostat wires attach on the aquastat?

use a short wire or paperclip shaped in a U...and connect the 2 terminals

I can't....the connections are up in the corner and they have plastic around them so that i can't get the same piece to connect to both of them. I just don't have enough room to move around...
I was able to get a piece of wire between the two thermostat wires while they are connected.

thank you...and no operation?...also have you checked breaker that feeds L1 and 2 on the aquastat

The breaker seems to be fine. I reset it just in case. The aquasmart is just dead...

if there is no display on the aquasmart there is either no power to it...or the control is bad.

We need to see if there is 120v on L1 and L2...do you also have a zone panel?

if you mean a circuit box with multiple zones.

there should be a zone panel that the thermostats attach to.

But if things were installed correctly the 120v feed goes to the aquasmart and also leapfrogs to the zone panel..here is the deciding factor...

If L1 and L2 on the aquasmart have 120v then the aquasmart is bad. If there is NO 120v on L1 and L2..then we have a power supply problem to aquasmart

thinking it's a power issue since the 7505 responds when the power is turned on (lights flash briefly)...or does that make it an aquasmart issue? Probably will just call our oil company tomorrow. Was hoping it was just a stupid thing I was missing.

there is commonly a switch before the aquasmart also...but unfortunately your issue is either power or bad control which means you would be calling for service regardless....I thank you for your patience

Billy

Thanks, ***** ***** the help.

you are very welcome...just rate service and I will close

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech