Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I need the sales bulletin -FXTQ PA Daikin vertical air

Customer Question

I need the sales bulletin for VRV031A-FXTQ PA Daikin vertical air handler
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, this should be it. However details change each year with most brands and models... original brochures on older models are not always available.

Let me know if this will work for you our not.

Why you need this bulletin will also be helpful... many issues can be resolved without any reference.

http://www.daikinac.com/content/commercial/indoor-units/vertical-air-handling-unit-fxtq-pvju/

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Phil... The link does not open..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,
We are looking to integrate our Daikin AC System with the House Heat.... We have FXTQ type air handling units and the specific Sales Bulletin answers some of the control questions. The Sales Bulletin is referenced to more that one instances but is no where to be found!
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** look into that for you.

Daikin equipment is primarily designed with proprietary controls that often do not interface well with other brands or configurations... it can become quite a mess if you are not careful.

Can you tell me in detail the brand and model numbers that you want to interface the Daikin equipment with?... and the general layout of the home or building in relation to the HVAC systems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,
We are 90% integrated and we are only looking for the Sales Bulletin to answer some of our questions. Also Daikin has resolved most of the Heating Integration issues and now is almost seamless!
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, that sounds very good.

Did the sales bulletin I provided satisfy the need

or do you need something else, was the Daikin dealer not able to get what you need? About how old is the unit in question. If you can tell me what question needs to be resolved using the old bulletin there is a chance I can address that for you... although your local Daikin dealer should be able to address that also.

On this end I need to know what it issues are.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

That link works on this end, if it does not work on your end, maybe you will need to try it a few times or with another browser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil,
Please see attached Bulletin, see application note#4
http://www.daikinac.com/content/assets/DOC/SubmittalDataSheets/2015/VRV%20III%20Controls/SDS-KRP1C74-75.pdf
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

Can you find the auxiliary heat board on the wiring diagram?

Your Daikin dealer should be able to call the factory for any direction he needs... they have generally been pretty good about that.

I see these sorts of references frequently, many times not relevant to the task at hand but a way for the draftsman or oversight engineer involved to avoid putting such directions in his operations manual where it belongs... usually because he does not know what those directions should be or the part numbers etc.

Generally speaking, maybe not in this case, I would'nt know, the sales brochures do not have any useful technical service information in them.

See if you can find the aux heat IO board in your unit, let me know what you can discover, very often there is a tiny adjustable device built into the printed circuit card with a screw driver slot in it, and a pointer that you can use to set the aux heat cut in point... if the card exists it will also have two terminals that you can wire an outside air sensor to. You may need to buy that sensor only the factory would have its specification.

I would press the Daikin factory on that point... it is not a common issue, that type of unit was only a small part of Daikins line, some of their help desk people may not even be aware of the issue.

Let me know what you find, we can go from there.