HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have replaced the batteries in my lux thermostat and am

Customer Question
still get a Lo batt...
I have replaced the batteries in my lux thermostat and am still get a Lo batt flashing signal..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/3/2015
HVAC Technician: Heath.M, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Heath.M
Heath.M, HVAC Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. Take the batteries out and leave them out for a few minutes until the display has gone completely blank. Once it has gone completely blank put the batteries back in and see if the lo batt light has gone away.

Ok, I'll give that a try...
Nope still flashing Lo batt
I have 3 thermostats that are having this issue...

check and make sure the terminals inside the thermostat haven't got any corrosion on them from acid leakage

I left the batteries out of each of the three thermostats and was finally able to get them to work properly - what a pain! We've only had them for a year maybe year and a half. I didn't realize they were battery operated or I would've purchased something different. But we were replacing old school thermostats with mercury in them......thanks for your help!

You are very welcome!

Heath.M
Heath.M
Heath.M, HVAC Technician