HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a RUUD furnace. Just started it and there is a 6

Customer Question
I have a RUUD furnace...
I have a RUUD furnace. Just started it and there is a 6 flashing. Seems like the heat is on but the flashing 6 is usually an H from what I remember. Just wondering if it is safe to leave running with the 6 flashing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
10/2/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

What's the model number of this unit?

I can't find a model number. The only number I see on a sticker on the outside is 92-21310-63-01. It is from the Ultra Series, contour control comfort. About 9 years old.

Ok, I really need the model number if you want advice specific to this unit. Try removing the panel where the burners are and look in there for a rating tag/label

Nevermind. No easy access to the burners. Not your fault but I don't want to take anything apart. Will just shut it down and find another way. Thank you anyway.

It's pretty easy to just lift the front panel off almost every model. You don't have to get into the combustion chamber just the compartment with the draft fan and gas valve. If you don't want to bother that's OK too

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor