Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

My 22 year old Amtrol bioler mate model wh7L ser 136209, has

Customer Question

My 22 year old Amtrol bioler mate model wh7L ser 136209, has ceased working. I tried overridding it's taco zone valve and although the boiler heated up to 180, the hot water did not. The hot water did work when I engaged the circulating pump by raising the house thermostat to 80 but the hot water was so hot that the safty valve was bleeding off the excess pressure. How do I fix the water heater's aquastate and where would I get the parts??
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You get parts at a plumbing supply house. Most sell Amtrol products. The sensor part number is ***** You remove the control panel then trace the sensor wire leads to the sensor. If replacing the sensor doesn't work then you'll probably have to replace the control panel. Since your unit is so old I would imagine you have the mechanical control (part #2704-093) not the digital version (940R101).