HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Vaillant Ecotec boiler isn't working and has no pressure.

Customer Question
Hi, my Vaillant Ecotec boiler...
Hi, my Vaillant Ecotec boiler isn't working and has no pressure. I've followed the instructions to top up the boiler, but when I turn the valve on the left (as you're looking at the boiler) no water is flowing into the system.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
9/5/2015
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician

There should be 2 valves to open if you follow the link pipe backwards.

Some of the Ecotecs have a 3 way valve and you have to be sure it is turned the correct way.

Can you upload a picture?

The two white valves will fill the heating system back up again

Great picture!

Hi Andrew, when I open both valves no water flows through, so the boiler doesn't fill up. I've tried turning the valves on together at the same time and independently, but neither works. When I turn on the hot water taps in the house drops of water leak from both pipes leading to the white valves.

The loop has a built in non-return valve, this could be stuck and have to be replaced.

If you have a drain point, a hose pipe and an outside tap then it is possible to fill the system through the drain point to get it back on ubtil you can swap it out.

Is there any way of testing this? We don't have a hosepipe, what is the method for filling the boiler manually?

You fill with the 2 taps, but if they are not working then a hosepipe from your outside tap onto you drain point will fill the system until you can get it swapped out

Hi Andrew, thanks for your time. Although appreciated, you weren't able to fix the problem for me, so I had to pay someone to come out and do so. While I agree that you should be paid for your time, the arrangement (as I understood it) was that I would only be charged if there was a successful outcome, which there wasn't. Yet my account has been debited £33. I'm not sure that is appropriate.

If you speak to customer services, they will sort this got you

Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician