HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Not sure, Carrier thermostat set to cool, new in 2012, when

Customer Question

not sure, Carrier thermostat set to cool, new in 2012, when I attempt to set it lower it goes higher, runs constantly, about to call someone from Carrier or buy a new thermostat, never had any trouble with any before, just moved into this house 3 days ago
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Do you mean it is just reverting back to the actual temperature in the house? Or is the thermostat doing something different like the temp buttons do not work?