airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I am looking at replacement of a 4 ton split a/c system in a

Customer Question

I am looking at replacement of a 4 ton split a/c system in a double wide home I was told by one company that only a system made for mobile homes should be used and that the SEER rating could not be above 14
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

As a rule you will be better off using an air handler designed for a mobile home as the smaller ductwork is designed to operate at .6 static pressure where a typical residential unit is designed for .1 to .15 static pressure.Outdoor not so important.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I have installed residential 15SEER systems in a doublewide with no problems, but rebuilt the plenum and raised air handler up so as not to trip high limit in heat mode due to the smaller trunklines you have.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

PLease let me know if I can provide any more details.

Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.