How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 8686
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am doing a heating system in a home. I need to provide

Customer Question

Hi I am doing a heating system in a home. I need to provide controlled humidity to one specific room that is going to have very expensive music instrument. Any idea what I could do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.


You can put a portable humidifier in the room, one rated for 3/4 of the square footage in the entire house. I can specify a more detailed approach after I get to know more about the house and the instrument.

How old is the house, and is it brick or wood frame.

What humidity tolerances are specified.. 35 to 50%? or 50% plus or minus only 2 or 3%... that will have a huge effect on costs.

I also need to know what region of the country you are in, it is a lot easier to maintain humidity in Florida for instance than it is in Michigan in the winter.

We can go from there.