HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Trane xl122 seperate ac system, my outdoor fan turns off by

Customer Question

trane xl122 seperate ac system , my outdoor fan turns off by it self , but compressor itself and inside fan stay on , loud hummig / buzzing from out door unit compressor
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model name on top cover XL1200
ID TAG TT036C100A0loose male spade on square small box lower r?h corner of pic
what is this part called and do ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a email is fine , please reply i am onlune righht now awaiting help/ answer / advise
, thnaks
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

So the outside fan is buzzing and not turning on correct? If so have you checked the capacitor on the outside unit?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i replaced both starting and run , the original problem was the run capacitor , so i just replaced both , turned unit onj and it functioned normally for about 20 minutes and then outdoor fan stopped and compressor seemed to stay on , I tried it again and same , what part would shut fan off ?also will the discharge line thermostat work with just one wire ,or both required , is it required or just related to heater option ?the sump heater wire was removed years ago but the other wire ran from t-sta line to compressor motor contact ?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

Have you checked to see if you are actually losing power to the fan or the fan may be overheating and shutting off on the internal overload?