BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Lennox Merit A/C unit. System is on and blowing

Customer Question

I have a Lennox Merit A/C unit. System is on and blowing warm air. Fan is not spinning on the A/C unit. I hear it humming.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
when it is supposed to be running and you hear the humming...feel the 2 pipes that leave the unit (freon pipes) and tell me if they are the same temp or different.
also reach in with something thin and push the fan blade while humming is ocurring...tell me fan will not move, spins and stops, oractually starts
Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the capacitor with a multimeter. Nothing out of it. It is also bulging a little at the top. I had to look further into it last night. I have it removed and one on order.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
well done...
if you need anything let me know...but with a bulge in cap and no microfarads it looks like you are on the right track...have a great weekend