BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a T5900 that was working fine with the Wifi until I

Customer Question

Hi There,
So I have a T5900 that was working fine with the Wifi until I switched over to ATT / Uverse. It doesn't see that Wifi. One of your Techs said the new T7900 will be more compatible with all Wifi routers. Is this the case before I purchase the T7900. Also, I really do not need humidity control living in San Jose Ca., so should I just get the T7850?
Thanks,
Phil (***************)
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to mention that this is a Venstar WiFi stat line. I would go with the Nest which is just up the street before Google and past Apple, but there are only two of us and we rarely need heating or cooling automation programs anymore. I would like a stat with the Wifi option to be strong so that when the dogs are alone I can check the home temps. and also pre-cool the home when returning from our RV trips. I may just go with the Honeywell Wifi and get it thru Amazon prime so I can return it if it doesn't work up to par Wifi wise. Thx, Phil
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
the 7850 has not shown any connectivity issues.
You will know right away if there is an issue.
If you have further questions please use reply