HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Burnam Hydraunic Alpine Model #ALP080N-L27 serial

Customer Question
I have a Burnam Hydraunic...
I have a Burnam Hydraunic Alpine Model #ALP080N-L27 serial #65119128
I live in very rural Montana and travel a great deal in the winter My electricity goes out frequently. REsulting in no heat.
I may be gone for days at 20 degrees below zero.
What modification or otherwise do I need to have so that my boiler does not have to be reset manually to come on, but will turn on when the eletricity returns?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
8/17/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

There are no modifications you can make specifically to the boiler to effect the auto reset you want. The only viable alternative short of taking preventative measures to mitigate possible freeze damage ( I can spell those out if you like) would be to install a back up generator with an auto transfer switch that switches over the power from the grid to the generator in the event of an outage. There are also battery back up systems that serve a similar purpose.

Actually a reset is performed by turning the power off to the boiler waiting a few minutes then turning it back on again. In almost every instance if there is a call for heat the boiler will respond when the power comes back on

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor