HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My central air is only one year old and it has stopped

Customer Question

My central air is only one year old and it has stopped sending cool air or even fan air into my home
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

Ok does the blower fan run when you set it to FAN ON?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the unit appears to be blowing outside but nothing is coming in thru the vents inside
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

OK can you see if the fan inside is running or go to the furnace to check the copper line going into the plenum.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fan outside is running when I have the zones turned on but I do not know what a copper line going into the plenum means
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry mechanically challenged here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if you ever need any PC or networking help I am there for you
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

The unit may be low on freon and the evaporator coil may be iced over. If it is then you will have no cold air to your house and the unit will be running as it is. This is a very likely issue. If you are not mechanically inclined check the filter, because if it is clogged that can also cause this issue. Other than that you may have a bigger issue that you may want to call a tech out for.

All I ask is please rate my service thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
our units for controlling the AC have no space for batteries. I have removed and reset them. I cannot locate the filter. Is it within a part of our furnace that needs to be detached to get to it?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

It should be on the furnace and should just slide out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh well I guess we just need to wait for a service person to com onsite tomorrow. Sucks that this happens on a day when our temp hit 108 degreed
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am sorry, this may be a bigger issue for sure as these units are very technical and a lot can go wrong.