HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Just moved into a new home with a carrier hvac. the system

Customer Question

hello - just moved into a new home with a carrier hvac. the system issued a message about a frozen coil. i shut the unit down. was this the correct thing to do and what do i do now?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 years ago.

Yes shut it down and check the filter and make sure it is clean. If so you may have a system that is low on freon that will cause the coil to ice over and give you that code. If you want to leave it shut off for a couple hours then try it again and see if the code returns. If it returns and you have a good filter in it you likely need the sealed system checked for a low freon issue.

All I ask is please rate my service and tips are appreciated thanks!