Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

What is the value of the run capacitor in a consolidated

Customer Question

What is the value of the run capacitor in a consolidated industries quatro furnace model mba140 nh5r. The motor is a 3/4 hp psc 4 speed DOUBLE SHAFT. What type of replacement motor (brand and part #).
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Do you have serial number, by any chance?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

I checked on this with just the model number. As you know, this is a very old furnace. The run capacitor is a 15 microfarad, 370 volt one (oval). These can be found anywhere. Capacitors are pretty much universal. As far as the motor, it is no longer in the system anymore due to the age. However, if you take your current motor in to a place such as Graingers Supply, they should be able to match up with the same horsepower and voltage motor. Grainger Supllies are in almost every city.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
I have not heard back form you so I assume you have all the information you need? If so, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Serial number is###-##-####I also found 2 other numbers and 2 ref numbers
REF # ***** REF # *****(###) ###-#### (###) ###-####I couldn't ascertain tdiference, but I assume that it might be that there were 2 versions made, one was a California model (lo NOx) with rods above the burners and the other was without.I have one other question: When the blower was working, in the heat mode, the thermostat would call for heat and the 5 burners would ignite. When the thermostat was satisfied, the flame stayed on. The flame should have gone off and blower remained on to cool the plenum down. I opened the R to W connection and the flame and blower went off as expected, Possibly a defective thermostat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
17 August 2015 06:37
REF # ***** REF # *****(###) ###-####4102901
I couldn't ascertain the difference, but I assume that it might be that there were 2 versions made, one was a California model (lo NOx) with rods above the burners and the other was without.I have one other question: When the blower was working, in the heat mode, the thermostat would call for heat and the 5 burners would ignite. When the thermostat was satisfied, the flame stayed on. The flame should have gone off and blower remained on to cool the plenum down. I opened the R to W connection and the flame and blower went off as expected, Possibly a defective thermostat?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it does indeed sound like a bad thermostat, especially if opening R to W connection caused it to go off.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.