BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

We have a "Day & Night" AC unit (model #: M2A33AKB200) which

Customer Question

We have a "Day & Night" AC unit (model #: M2A33AKB200) which doesn't turn on. Checked to switch panel outside (switched on/off), pulled out the fuse box by AC unit (didn't see issue of blown fuse).
We were gone about 2 weeks, so had the AC set to around 80 degrees. Tried resetting the thermostat indoor. The heat pump seems to be working w/ the blower working, but the outdoor unit is not turning on. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Took the door off the heat pump. The switch that turns on/off the fan (for inside the house, not the AC unit) when the door is removed - makes a clicking sound on the outside unit. So, took off the access panel to the outside AC unit & noted a device that moves (switch for the AC unit?). Still, no fan on the AC unit works.
Have to go to bed now. It's been > 1.5 hours since the initial question. So, likely won't get the answer in a timely fashion, as I was hoping to get, as the initial face page gave the impression someone was actually typing a response to me. Disappointed in timeliness. See if the response at least helps diagnose the problem. If not, then it will be a negative review.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
have you checked the indoor unit to see if a plugged drain may have tripped a water safety switch?
Use reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure where/what you are referring to, but the PVC line coming from the indoor heat pump line is bone dry inside (where there appears to be an opening in the line to allow excess water to drain from). My personal suspicion is that there may be a device on the outdoor AC unit itself that is bad, but have no way of knowing. Appears there may be a (solenoid?) & an adjacent switch on the unit, that may be bad…. I'm no technician, though; just a humble/ learning homeowner.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
you are correct about the possibilities, however, to confirm we need a voltmeter.
Along with the meter we need a comfort level of working with 220 volts.
If you have meter and are willing to take direction we can continue.
Billy