HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have Ruud Unit ... Old Condesor fan had three wires Black

Customer Question
I have Ruud Unit .....
I have Ruud Unit ... Old Condesor fan had three wires Brown Black and Orange...... new protech motor has five wire Brown Black Orange Purple and Yellow how do I hook the wires up.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/4xqzw-ruud-unit-old-condesor-fan-three-wires-brown.html#ixzz3iMKHj7s1
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
hey where is my answer
I have Ruud Unit ... Old Condesor fan had three wires Brown Black and Orange...... new protech motor has five wire Brown Black Orange Purple and Yellow how do I hook the wires up.Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/4xqzw-ruud-unit-old-condesor-fan-three-wires-brown.html#ixzz3iMKHj7s1
i have waited and waited where is my answer
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/10/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If you still need help with this, provide me with model on the new motor. Should be pretty simple.
I provided all this information yesterday. Rheem RAKA-037JAZ
I am awaiting number on your new motor. I am well aware of the Rheem wiring as I am a Rheem Dealer. What I need is the model on the new motor so I can pull a diagram and provide accurate information.
51-23055-11 - OEM Upgraded Rheem Condenser Fan Motor 1/5 HP 208-230 Volts 1075 RPM
Excellentt, Give me just a few moments and I will have you an answer
OK I see this motor can be used in either a clockwise or counter clockwise rotation . Rheem used both CW and CCW fan blades, so once we wire the motor up we may have to change two of the wires to reverse rotation.I will guide you through if so.
First connect the black to the contactor where old black was.
Next Connect Orange to the C or COM terminal on your capacitor
Next connect purple to the F or FAN terminal on the capacitor.
Next Brown and Yellow wires together.
Lets see if mtor is turning correct direction for the blade to pull air out the top of unit. If so we will be done.If not I will tell you which wires to switch for rotation change.
When you say brown and yellow wires together do you mean connect them to each other with a wire nut. Do they get connected to anything but themselves?
In the end they will need to be wire nutted, but if you have a small blade fuse or something you can use to connnect them until we determine rotation correctness would be better in case we have to change those wires.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician