Jason Whatley
Jason Whatley, HVAC Technician
Experience:  HVAC/R Supervisor at DOJ
83376504

I have one old air handler and need replacement. Its

Customer Question

Hi there
I have one old air handler and need replacement. Its Keeprite
The model # *****
Serial # ***** 101966-B
HP 1/4
AMP 4.6
CY 60
PH 1
VOLTS 115
That is only info I have
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Forgot to mention...I need the size (tonnage) of the existing
Thans
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks"
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Can you go out to the outside unit and tell me the make and full model number, please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I forgot to mention this is unit for apartment and it is installed in cabord
The only model number I have on name plate is Keeprite model # *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you open inside is fan and A coil, nothing written
For a week tried to find what is replacement and size of the unit
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

OK, I can see what I can come up with. Give me a while to check on this. For sure won't be tonight.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Anything for me???
Thanks
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, nothing yet.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you steel searching?
Thanks
Gordana
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.

I have a call in to tech support, but they have not gotten back to me yet.

Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to see if we can figure out the tonnage of your cooling system. Please do not rate until all of your questions have been answered. We need a couple of questions answered to better assist you. 1) Is there an outside ac unit (condenser) that is part of your cooling system? If so, can you provide make and model number of the unit. 2) can you provide pictures of what you can see? We can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jason
There is no outside unit, just inside in the closet in apartment
The pictures are attached
Thanks
Gordana
Okay, thank you for the pictures. That is a split system, which will have a remote unit - outside on the ground or roof ect... If you look at the coil (in picture number 2) there should be two copper lines connected to it going through the side of the air handler. One bigger copper line that will be insulated, and one small cooper line. If you follow these lines, that will lead you to the other part of the Eliot ac system (this will be the condensing unit) which we will need the model and serial number off of to determine tonnage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is chilled water cooling and hot water heating and there is no condensing unit
Okay, that makes a difference for figuring out tonnage. Is there a label on the side of the coil (the unfinned portion) that states a model number or any information - it may be tricky to see since there's not much room between the side of the air handler and sides of the coil? If not, what is your location, type of building and square footage of conditioned space?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jason
I'm working in the heating and air-conditioning company
We already send our technician in that apartment building but he didn't ask for the square footage. When we find out we will know what size of the unit we'll need. I was trying to find through you, before we go there again.
I cannot rate you because I don't have a answer on my question
Thanks anyway
Gordana