HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a model C0330SA-1A Prodigy ice maker and it will make

Customer Question
Hello, I have a model...
Hello, I have a model C0330SA-1A Prodigy ice maker and it will make ice for several hours say 6 to 8 hours and then defaults to a flashing 2 which is max harvest retry. I can shut the unit down let it set for 15 min. Restart the unit and it will make ice again for several hours. Do you think it could be the harvest assist solenoid?
Thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
8/3/2015
HVAC Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 2 years ago
shaithus1
Hi... that sounds like that is the issue... the coil on the solenoid is probably over heating and failing.

When the harvest cycle begins, the controller shuts off the fan motor, switches on the hot gas valve, and through a parallel circuit, the harvest assist solenoid. After a few seconds the purge valve opens and water is drained from the reservoir. Based on either the automatic purge or manual purge setting, the pump and purge valve will be switched off at a time determined to have drained enough water for that setting. The inlet water valve will open to fill the reservoir anytime the mid length probe is uncovered, which occurs during the reservoir drain cycle. Harvest continues as the hot discharge gas flows into the evaporator serpentine, heating up the evaporator. At the same time the harvest assist solenoid is pushing against the back of the ice slab. When the ice releases from the evaporator, it harvests as a unit, and the harvest assist probe provides some additional force to push it off. When the ice falls off it will force the curtain(s) open. An open curtain during the harvest cycle signals the controller that the evaporator has released its ice. If this is a single evaporator machine the controller will terminate harvest. If it is a two evaporator machine, the controller will continue harvest until both curtains have opened. If one curtain remains open, the controller will shut the machine down on bin full. Anytime harvest is complete the hot gas valve and harvest assist are shut off. The harvest assist pin returns to its normal position by spring pressure.

I am presuming this is an air cooled machine...not a water cooled.one...

Let me know what you find..

Phillip

Phil I bought the part today will install in on Sunday will be back in contact or have mor questions then. Thanks Dan
HVAC Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 2 years ago

ok...let me know..

shaithus1
shaithus1
shaithus1