Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

My A/C wasnt cooling, but the inside blower is working, blowing air, the outside unit wasn

Customer Question

My A/C wasnt cooling, but the inside blower is working, blowing air, the outside unit wasnt running, i shut power to AC on elec panel inside, and turned off the thermostat; then i founf the red reset button n the outside unit, pressed it, cut on AC power, turned thermostat on, blower started, AC started, cold air, 5 - 10 minuteslater A/C unit stopped, blower blowing regular air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 1 year ago.
If the outdoor fan ran ok when you reset it, you may have a really dirty outdoor coil that needs washed. You can turn the power off to the unit and wash the coil with a garden hose. That should do the trick. If the fan didn't run, you may have a failed fan motor or capacitor in the unit. Please reply with further questions if you have them. If not, please remember to rate positively before leaving! Thank you,Brian