HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm looking universal furnace control board

Customer Question
Hello, I'm looking for a universal...
I'm looking for a universal furnace control board that can replace a 4 speed PSC board which is no longer made for Trane/ American Standard - 2 stage furnaces.
The original board is d341418p01 and has suffered what I "think" is a partial failure when the 24 volt transformer failed. The red led light no longer comes on, even though I have verified 24 volt power is now getting to the board with the new transformer installed.
Unrelated, I have purchased a new 4 speed Mars ecm motor, so I would like to find a pcs board replacement that will use the full functionality of the new motor.
https://www.marsdelivers.com/item/10860/AZURE-ECM-1-5-1-2HP/
I believe the "upgraded" board D341122P01 is only 3-speed, so I'm looking to see if there is a different manufacturer's board that I could use.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/29/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello,
even though the motor has 4 "available" speeds...you can only use 2.
one for heat and one for cool. The other speeds are for bumping cfm up or down..but there are always 2 unused speeds on a 4 speed. These are put on dummy terminals on the board labeled "park" or M1, M2...
the newest boards allow for a third speed but ONLY for fan on function. The motor does not shift gears in operation...
What was the white rodgers number on the board?...usually started with 50a or 55a
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trane-American-Standard-Furnac-Control-Circuit-Board-CNT3077-CNT03077-D341418P01-/370616020099
link above.
There is no board that controls 4 speeds...you have to pick what 2 speeds you want...just having 4 speeds available does not mean they are all used.
That is what the PARK terminals are for on board...unused speeds
I suppose I'm confused in that the current board I have has a blade connection for high heat, low heat, high cool, and low cool, in addition to a single blade for park.
Do you have a 2 speed ac unit?
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech