BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I'm looking universal furnace control board

Customer Question

I'm looking for a universal furnace control board that can replace a 4 speed PSC board which is no longer made for Trane/ American Standard - 2 stage furnaces.
The original board is d341418p01 and has suffered what I "think" is a partial failure when the 24 volt transformer failed. The red led light no longer comes on, even though I have verified 24 volt power is now getting to the board with the new transformer installed.
Unrelated, I have purchased a new 4 speed Mars ecm motor, so I would like to find a pcs board replacement that will use the full functionality of the new motor.
https://www.marsdelivers.com/item/10860/AZURE-ECM-1-5-1-2HP/
I believe the "upgraded" board D341122P01 is only 3-speed, so I'm looking to see if there is a different manufacturer's board that I could use.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
hello,
even though the motor has 4 "available" speeds...you can only use 2.
one for heat and one for cool. The other speeds are for bumping cfm up or down..but there are always 2 unused speeds on a 4 speed. These are put on dummy terminals on the board labeled "park" or M1, M2...
the newest boards allow for a third speed but ONLY for fan on function. The motor does not shift gears in operation...
What was the white rodgers number on the board?...usually started with 50a or 55a
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached 3 pics which I believe show all of the relevant numbers. The furnace is American Standard model AUD100R936KO . I was hoping to locate a replacement board that would accomodate all 4 speed taps of the motor.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trane-American-Standard-Furnac-Control-Circuit-Board-CNT3077-CNT03077-D341418P01-/370616020099
link above.
There is no board that controls 4 speeds...you have to pick what 2 speeds you want...just having 4 speeds available does not mean they are all used.
That is what the PARK terminals are for on board...unused speeds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose I'm confused in that the current board I have has a blade connection for high heat, low heat, high cool, and low cool, in addition to a single blade for park.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a 2 speed ac unit?